Those who know me, know I tend to shy away from baking anything which doesn’t start out with a mix in a box. Baking from scratch scares me – once it’s in the oven, that’s it… it’s all too final for me.
This time though, I decided to be brave and try a recipe I came across on fellow mommy blogger Mom Of Two Little Girls twitter account.
She had posted a link to a quick and simple recipe on My Mommy Style, and seeing as I had over ripe bananas to spare, Zee and I gave it a try… and… success! They’re oh so yummy, and Zee has declared me “best chef ever!” Although, my child is all about positive reinforcement and crowns me “best chef ever” after just about every meal I make. 😊
The muffins were also the perfect addition to our mommy daughter tea party.
And now, the recipe (which even a novice baker like myself cannot get wrong):
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 20 min | Total: 30 min
• 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 large bananas, mashed (I used 4 small bananas)
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F.
2. Coat muffin pan with nonstick spray, or use paper liners.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt; set aside.
4. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla essence, and melted butter in a bowl. Fold in flour mixture and mix until dry ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix. Scoop batter into the muffin tin.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (I left them in the full 20 minutes).