The Poopsie Surprise Unicorn is proving to be one very hot topic! Since our unboxing post, I’ve had parents tell me about how their kids are already crazy about this toy; I’ve had others ask where they can buy it (just yesterday a friend texted to find out where they’re available, as it’s all her niece talks about); and then there’s the last group – those who find the idea of kids playing with a pooping unicorn quite bewildering. 😂
What is the Poopsie Surprise Unicorn?
It’s the toy that seems to have already made its way onto the wishlists of many, many little ones. The Poopsie Surprise Unicorn is the biggest toy so far that Prima Toys has brought to SA from the Poopsie Slime Surprise range of toys.
I think the packaging is clever. It’s bright, colorful, and eye catching. A rainbow swirls around the box, revealing big, pretty babydoll eyes. When we received ours, even I couldn’t wait for Zee to unbox the mystery cuties waiting inside.
Each box comes with a baby unicorn doll and 20 surprises. There’s a little t-shirt, a diaper, a hairbrush, an exclusive bottle that matches your unicorn’s unique style, a rotating spoon, a measuring cup, a cleaning tool, an exclusive poop emoji keychain, and a potty (because all that poop has to go somewhere).
There are also 4 packets of unicorn shimmer, 4 packets of unicorn food (slime powder), 2 packets of unicorn magic, and 1 packet of unicorn sparkle (you only need a little, so you can use this a few times).
There are 4 unicorn friends to collect – Rainbow Brightstar, Oopsie Starlight, Dazzle Darling and Whoopsie Doodle. The names are cute and funny, and little ones will love them. I also think they’d be happy with any one of the dolls, as they’re all so adorable with their pearlescent bodies and sparkly horns. Zee unboxed Rainbow Brightstar and Oopsie Starlight, and while their hair and clothes are different, they’re equally lovely, and equally loved.
I’m just here to find out more about unicorn poop
Now for the part that has everyone curious. Poop! There are a few steps in getting her to do her business. Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Open the panel at the back and push the clip until it clicks, moving the clear plastic container into place.
- Move the dial on her back into the feeding position. This will push her little belly button out (important for later).
- Empty a packet of unicorn shimmer into her bowl and feed her this “appetizer” with her special rotating spoon.
- Pour 5ml water from her measuring cup into her bowl, then feed her the water with the spoon.
- Empty a packet of unicorn food and 25ml water into her bottle and mix by shaking the bottle for a minute.
- Feed her the “main meal” by squeezing on the bottle.
- Turn the dial at the back to the rocking position, and then rock and roll her for 15 seconds.
- Remove her diaper and place her on the potty, before pressing her belly button.
- Wait a little while… and then, there you have it, unicorn poop!
- You can let it sit for a few minutes, so the slime can thicken to a nice consistency.
Check out the Zeeview video for a more entertaining version of that long list of steps. We’ve sped it up a bit, so it won’t take too much time.
Poopsie Surprise Unicorn – The final verdict
This whimsical toy is a winning combination: a super cute baby unicorn to love and cuddle, a “practice pet” that gives kids an idea of what it’s like to care for a real pet, a fabulous hair styling doll (seriously, they have such pretty hair), and the stuff that every child seems to love – slime.
I don’t mind the unicorn poop/slime – it’s shimmery, and kids can add a little unicorn magic and sparkle to make it even more fabulous! They can also store their slime in the poop emoji keychain (which, by the way, is kind of awesome) to play with later. It lasts quite a while in the keychain, but the multiple packets also mean that they can feed their unicorn and make more whenever they’d like.
In my opinion, it’s best for a parent to help out the first time. The components at the back of the doll can be a little finicky, so it may be helpful for mom or dad to make sure that everything is in place.
The Poopsie Surprise Unicorn launches officially in South Africa in December 2019. Find them at retailers countrywide, RRP: R1550.
Disclaimer: Toys were sent to me to review. All thoughts and opinions expessed in this post are my own.