So in December I bought a new blender, and yesterday I finally started making stuff. 🙂
We (Husband and I) had spent much of the second half of 2016 lamenting our food choices, lack of exercise, and the results thereof. We eventually committed to making changes as soon as we got back from the year end holiday. That didn’t happen, but a week later we seem to be on track.
Hello lovely new blender! I didn’t realise quite how handy you’d be.
I knew I’d use it for smoothies, but now I’ve found all these awesome new healthy recipes, and some of them are pretty much made completely in a blender. Winning.
So here’s what I made yesterday, because like, two whole people asked. 😛
This is what went in, to give it that sexy *snort* green colour:
- Seedless grapes
- Yoghurt (I use Woolworths Ayrshire fat free vanilla, as it’s the only one I enjoy)
It was yummy and filling, and even Husband didn’t mind downing one for breakfast. He even said it tasted pretty good – score!
Cream Cheese Pancakes (Snickerdoodle Crepes) – Low Carb And Gluten Free
This was a first attempt, but it’s such an easy recipe, even I couldn’t mess it up. I was like a very happy child when the pic I posted on instagram was liked by Melissa Sevigny of I Breathe I’m Hungry – it was her recipe I followed.
Here’s the recipe, so you can try them too:
- Just under 60g cream cheese (it’s like 56,7g once converted from ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar replacement (I used Xylitol)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Let the batter rest for two minutes, so the bubbles can settle.
- Grease a hot pan with butter. Pour 1/4 of the batter into the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the pancake, and cook the other side for 1 minute. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with syrup/berries/cheese/ham.
These are so delicious, it’s a little hard to believe they’re so good for you too! As I mentioned on instagram, they’re Zee approved as well. She even asked for more this morning, for breakfast. 🙂
Let me know if you try the recipe, and what you think of them.