Today I get to introduce you to yet another fabulous mommy blogger. Aren’t Wednesday’s great? ? Just in case you missed last week’s feature, you can read it here.
Today we meet Cherralle, another mommy whom I met through the wonderful world of blogging. Whilst we have yet to meet IRL, I really enjoyed getting to know more about her through this interview, and I’m so happy to feature her here today.
1. Please tell us a little – or a lot (we like details) – about yourself?
I am Cherralle, and I have two gorgeous little girls ages four and one. They drive me crazy, but when I see them playing together nicely (10% of the time), my heart just melts. The other 90% of the time I am their referee.
I am originally from Cape Town, and moved to Johannesburg 10 years ago. My boyfriend at the time (now husband) couldn’t stand being away from me (I like to think) and joined me one year later. I was quite impressed by that, and I married him in 2011. I remain impressed by him, and we had our two daughters in 2013 and 2016 respectively.
If I can say it like this, I don’t see myself as an ‘always on mom’. I am an introvert by nature and I need alone time to recharge. I discussed with my husband if I can stay at home and look after the kids, he just laughed. I stayed at home for a month in December (I was on long leave and he was working through). And he was like “I told you so!” Every. Single. Night. I was finished. I was HECTIC! I loved it, however, I admit it was a challenging and rewarding experience.
Connecting with other women has been a highlight of blogging. There are working moms, stay at home moms, homeschooling moms, a whole new world has opened up. I LOVE developing my writing and digital skills.
I work in Human Resources in the beauty industry. My blog has a career angle as well, and that was not planned, it just came out that way. I did not want to write about what I do in my day job. I did not choose the genre, the genre chose me! (that last part came out much more dramatic than I wanted).
2. What’s the one thing you find most challenging about being a working /
stay at home mom?
I find the constant ‘rush’ in the week a challenge. I typically leave work at around 5pm, and between 5.30 and 7.30pm, I am focused 100% on the girls. When I am at work, I am 100% focused on work (like really, hardly any social media etc). When I am at home, I am focused on the family and myself. It is a fine balance that allows me to pursue others passions in my home time. There are instances where work comes home and home impacts work but I manage it.
3. We all know there are challenging moments – moments which call for chocolate, or wine (or both), to soothe those mommy nerves… Forgetting all that though, what is your absolute favourite thing about being a mom?
My favourite thing about being a mom is that there are two little people in the world, who ABSOLUTELY adore me. I am like Beyonce in their world. The love is pure, and they make me want to be a better human being.
4. From the experience you’ve gained since becoming a parent, what is a pretty cool piece of advice you would give to other moms?
I have learnt to accept that there are certain things I just cannot do. It is not humanly possible. I have learnt to outsource what I need to, so I can make the best use of the time I have with the girls. I do not cook or clean much during the week, as I only have a short time with the girls. We cook ahead on the weekend. We do quick meals we can pop into the oven (plus I am an ubereats regular).
5. Share with us one of the funniest moments you’ve had since becoming a mom.
One day we went house viewing and the house was not great, but out of courtesy we just wanted to do a quick walk though. And my daughter (three years old at the time) piped up “This place is a disaster” loud enough for the agent to hear. That was quite a funny moment, I just couldn’t contain my laughter. We dashed out of there as fast we could.
6. Please tell us where we can find you online.
You can find me at my blog, and on these platforms:
Thank you Cherralle for giving us a glimpse into your life as a mom. ?
How this little series was born… A while back I was thinking about how all the moms I know are different in many ways – be it their parenting style, or whether they go to work, stay at home, or work from home. Some have one little person, while others have three or four. Some of our babies began their journey inside us learning the sound of our heartbeat, whilst some began in another only to meet us later and hold our hearts forever. Whatever the differences in how we became moms, how we parent… Being a mom, plus ALL that comes with it, is what we all have in common.
And that’s how I came up with the Meet the Mommy series – an interview with regular moms like you and I, where we get to “meet” mommies who are different in many ways, yet have so much in common too.