A while back I was thinking about how all the moms I know are different in many ways – be it their parenting style, or whether they go to work, stay at home, or work from home. Some have one little person, while others have three or four. Some of our babies began their journey inside us learning the sound of our heartbeat, whilst some began in another only to meet us later and hold our hearts forever. Whatever the differences in how we became moms, how we parent… Being a mom, plus ALL that comes with it, is what we all have in common.
And that’s how I came up with the idea for this feature – a short interview (short, because for moms, the time struggle is real yo!) with regular moms like you and I. Here we’ll get to “meet” different mommies, and find out a little about them.
This week we meet another mommy blogger, Mira. Mira blogs about mom life, travel, great food, and events. I’m so happy to feature her here today. 🙂
1. Please tell us a little – or a lot (we like details) – about yourself?
I am Mira Naidu, a Real Life Mum. I have an Honours degree in Supply chain management and currently working in the telecommunications industry. I am a first time mum to Keshav who is now 16 months old. We love the outdoors, travel and holidays.
2. What’s the one thing you find most challenging about being a working /
stay at home mom?
The most challenging thing being a working mum, is finding the work-home balance. There are not enough hours in a day, and just so much to do. I look forward to the weekend where I usually plan some downtime.
3. We all know there are challenging moments – moments which call for chocolate, or wine (or both), to soothe those mommy nerves… Forgetting all that though, what is your absolute favourite thing about being a mom?
My favourite thing about being a mum is watching my son learn and grow. He loves the outdoors and we try to take him outdoors to let him use up all his energy.
4. From the experience you’ve gained since becoming a parent, what is a pretty cool piece of advice you would give to other moms?
Take one day at a time. Initially I was so overwhelmed by the responsibilities and how my life changed, but it gets easier with time.
5. Share with us one of the funniest moments you’ve had since becoming a mom.
I have had my fair share of funny moments with my son, he always makes us smile. He loves playing with bigger kids, and I find it funny when we are out there on the field and he approaches the kids saying hi and waving. It’s the cutest thing.
6. Please tell us where we can find you online.
My blog: Real Life Mum, and Facebook.
Thank you Mira for giving us a glimpse into your life as a mom. 🙂